“Ferrous is an adjective used to indicate the presence of iron. The word is derived from the Latin word ferrum.”
- Manganese Steel – Non-magnetic, hardened steel used in the mining industry, cement mixers, rock crushers, and other high impact and abrasive environments
- Turnings – Usually the remains of drilling or shaping steels, also known as Borings and Swarf
- Reo – Any type of re-inforcing bars or mesh usually used in the construction industry within concrete
- Cast Iron – Examples: cast iron baths, machinery, pipe and engine blocks
- Pressing Steel – Most Domestic scrap metal up to approximately 6mm thick. Examples: whitegoods (fridges, washing machines, etc), roofing iron, water heaters, water tanks and sheet metal offcuts
- Car Bodies – Most vehicles with or without their original wheels and interiors. Sunshine Recycling also purchases all types of vehicle components.
- HMS – Heavy Melting Steel – Most industrial or commercial scrap steel greater than 6mm thick. Examples: plate, beams, columns, channels, merchant bar, farm machinery or implements, metal stampings and offcuts