Concrete recycling is becoming an increasingly popular way to utilize aggregate left behind when structures or roadways are demolished. In the past, this rubble was disposed of in landfills, but with more attention being paid to environmental concerns, concrete recycling allows reuse of the rubble while also keeping construction costs down.
The recycling and reuse of concrete aggregate makes sense. Here are some of the benefits:
- Produce specification sized recycled aggregates at your location
- Avoid haul-off costs and landfill disposal fees
- Eliminate the expense of aggregate material imports and exports
- Increase project efficiency and improve job cost – recycled concrete aggregates yield more volume by weight (up to 15%)
- Minimize impact to community infrastructure by reducing import and export trucking.